The CSIR-BRRI bricks factory produces various types of high quality bricks used for construction purposes including burnt clay bricks (solid and hollow), and brick facing tiles for cladding.
The factory sits on an 11-acre land and has a built-up area of 5,000 square feet. It is equipped with state-of-the-art machinery, including brick-making machines, mixers, conveyors, and dryers. The factory employs 50 workers who work in shifts to ensure round-the-clock production, when required.
The bricks factory has a production capacity of 100,000 bricks per month which are produced according to local and international standards. The production process involves the following steps:
1. Raw material preparation: The raw materials, which is mainly clay is sourced from nearby areas and transported to the factory. The materials are mixed in the right proportion to make the brick mix.
2. Brick making: The brick mix is fed into the brick-making machines, which produce bricks of different shapes and sizes. The machines are capable of producing up to 5000 bricks per day.
3. Drying: The freshly made bricks are transported to the drying area, where they are left to dry naturally for 24-48 hours.
4. Firing: The dried bricks are loaded into kilns, where they are fired at high temperatures to make them hard and durable.
5. Quality control: The finished bricks are inspected for quality and defects before they are packaged and shipped to customers.
Brick Factory specializes in the production of burnt clay bricks and tiles, which are known for durability, strength, and aesthetic appeal. The bricks and tiles are manufactured using advanced techniques and modern equipment, ensuring consistent quality and performance. Brick Factory also offers brick construction and tile installation services, providing end-to-end solutions for building projects.
Visit the BRRI Bricks Factory at Fumesua, near Noda hotel, Kumasi or at the following Ghanapost GPS address: AE-0608-5476, for your high quality brick products.
Kindly, contact the Manager on 03220-60064 or 0205234959 or email: